For the prevention of rabies in persons who have been severely exposed (Category III) to the virus, anti-Rabies equines immunoglobulins (ERIG) is used for passive immunization associated with vaccination. International manufacturers discontinued production of ERIG because of pressure by economics and from animal protection groups. However, ERIG remains an essential biological that has no substitute other than human rabies immunoglobulin (HRIG), which is in critical short supply worldwide and too expensive for most people in developing countries. Producing large amount of ERIG from horse sera/plasma is not easily achieved because it takes lots of time and effort; therefore, ERIG is only available in limited quantities, and in most situations it is inaccessible to those that need it the most.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), rabies is defined as a neglected tropical disease (NTD) and is unavailable especially in low-resource, developing countries. Production of rabies neutralizing IgY(ΔFc) antibody in hyper-immune duck eggs possesses the advantages including safer than current products on the market, lower production cost, higher neutralizing activity, excellent productivity, simpler downstream processing, fast/mass production, and most important of all, making the high quality Rabies Immunoglobulins affordable.
The Advantages of IgY(ΔFc) derived Rabies Immunoglobulins in Comparison with Traditional ERIG
- Enables fast & mass production of sufficient quantity to meet worldwide demands.
- Availability in large scale & batch to batch consistency of anti-Rabies IgY(ΔFc) Immunoglobulins
- Higher Safety: Unlike horse IgG is powerfully immunogenic to patients, duck IgY(ΔFc) antibody is not considered an allergen, and is safer for the patients.
- Rapid immunological response (fast production)
- Simple downstream processing (cost effective)
- Inexpensive, Affordable product
- Ease of handling and maintenance in large numbers of ducks for immunization.
- Meet the current animal-protection trend: Animal protection group are that are becoming more and more influential in developing countries, condemn horse animal rearing for serum production. Application of the IgY technology driven by legal regulations in favor of animal protection.
More information about partnering opportunities of anti-Rabies IgY(ΔFc) Immunoglobulins, please contact: email@example.com