The Urgent Need of Controlling the Global Obesity Epidemic
According to WHO “obesity is one of today’s most blatantly visible – yet most neglected – public health problems. Paradoxically coexisting with undernutrition, an escalating global epidemic of overweight and obesity – “globesity” – is taking over many parts of the world. If immediate action is not taken, millions will suffer from an array of serious health disorders.”
The Global Burden of Disease Study and the WHO have recently documented that obesity is indeed a major contributor to ill-health, disability and mortality in many regions of the world. Obesity or accumulation of excessive fat in body can increase the risk of serious health problems, and Obese people are at risk of diseases including Cardiovascular Disease, Coronary Artery Disease, Type 2 Diabetes, Gallbladder Disease, Osteoarthritis, Sleep Apnea, Digestive problems, Reproductive issues.
IgY(ΔFc) Antibody derived New Generation Anti-Obesity Nutraceutical
The intestinal ecosystem comprises a complex microbial community. The microbial communities living in the human intestine can have profound impact on our well-being and health. In the case of any imbalance in the gut microbiota, they can affect the normal metabolic pathways which lead to immune dysfunctions. Many studies have indicated that intestinal microflora dysbiosis may trigger the onset of diabetes and obesity-related issues, such as cardiovascular disease.
The development of Oral Administration of duck IgY(ΔFc) antibodies specific to Lipase, Amylase, and gut microbiota including Firmicutes can play a crucial role. These specific anti-obesity IgY(ΔFc) antibodies can effectively reduce the intestinal absorption of lipid and carbohydrate as well as regulate & balance gut microbiota communities and therefore achieve the ultimate goals of body weight control and the prevention of metabolic syndrome.
The Competitive Advantages of Duck Egg Yolk IgY (ΔFc) Antibodies derived Oral Administration Healthcare Products
- Safety (no acute and chronic toxicity)
- Proved to be effective (with a series of US FDA 510(k) cleared clinical diagnostics products)
- Easily accepted by customers as food products & oral-administration Nutraceuticals
- Production can be easily scaled up and commercialized
- Reduce the use of antibiotics
- Suitable for oral administration
- Duck yolk antibody is stable at pH2.5 for 4 hours (~75% activity)
Benefits of Using High Purified Duck Egg Yolk IgY (ΔFc) Antibodies in Foods for Specific Health Use (FOSHU)
- No excess fats/cholesterol ingested by users
- Eliminate the risk of food allergy
- Be able to quantify the administered specific antibody
- Be able to be processed into various forms of food formulas, e.g.
In lyophilized powder
Being easily further processed to oral capsule or tablet